Potassium is a vitally important element for all living organisms. It is a natural component of soils and along with phosphorus and nitrogen, an irreplaceable nutrient for plants. A balanced agricultural crop nutrition can only be ensured by regular and timely application of these three main macronutrients.
WHY PLANTS NEED POTASSIUM
- Potassium increases the nutrient level, improves the taste, colour and structure of fruits
- Potassium improves resistance to crop diseases and pests
- Potassium improves resistance to droughts and frost
- Potassium increases the rate of nitrogen assimilation
WHY FARMERS USE POTASSIUM
- To achive high yields balanced use with other elements
- To improve product quality
- To improve soil conservation and the natural soil balance of nutrients
Thereby, proper use of potash fertilizers is safe for the environment.
WHY PEOPLE NEED POTASSIUM
- Improves supply of oxygen to the brain
- Involved in the transmission of neural impulses
- Activates enzymes
- Normalises heart rhythm
- Has a beneficial effect on kidneys
- Regulates the water balance in cells and tissues
- Regulates metabolic processes
- Has a beneficial effect on skin
- Regulates the acid-base balance of blood
- Prevents accumulation of sodium in cells
- Helps to eliminate toxins from the body
WHY MANKIND CANNOT DO WITHOUT POTASH
The world’s population is growing, while the arable land per capita is declining, so people feel the need for higher crop yields to ensure food safety.
Scientific studies show that the maximum yield and consistently high quality of crops can only be achieved by providing plants with all necessary nutrients (including potassium) in the required amounts.
- Uralkali products comply with the best international and Russian quality standards. The quality control department analyzes the entire production process: beginning with incoming inspection of reagents, raw materials and supplies to the quality control of our products shipped to customers and to the main loading port at the Baltic Balk Terminal.
- We cooperate with leading international inspection companies to confirm the quality of our products at every delivery stage. Independent inspection is arranged at each loading port to ensure the highest quality of our products.
- In 2019, Uralkali received ’IFA Product Steward Excellence’ recognition as part of the International Fertilizer Association’s (IFA) international Protect & Sustain certification. This certificate confirms excellent management of all stages of the production, transportation and sales of potash fertilizers, as well as a commitment to best practices in production safety and the ecological sustainability of all products.